Wednesday, October 29, 2008

spreading the wealth

The notion of my giving my money to someone else is indeed neighborly and kind should I do it. But to have a third person give my money to someone else is neither. It certainly is no reflection on me. And, of course, it is taken forcibly from me, most likely by the same people who thought they would benefit from the idea in the first place. If the government becomes a benevolent power in our lives, it will be the first time ever. Ask Iraq. Ask New Orleans. Ask the pensioner with the ever changing social security goalposts. Even the church has a spotty record. And the government is a notoriously inefficient and dishonest middleman. This enthusiasm is just beyond me.
The only good thing about this election is it will be soon over.

No comments: