Sunday, June 16, 2019

Sunday/Bronte



Chris got in last night.
Liz got in after her Uber excitement.
Great dinner last night at Fat Canary.
Beautiful weather.

Maata traded for Kahun. Kahun scored 13 goals and 24 assists as a rookie with the Blackhawks last season. The 23-year-old is entering the final year of his entry-level contract and will be a restricted free agent at the end of next season.

                           God of Visions

Emily Bronte died at the age of 30 from a chill she got at a funeral. She is, in many ways, a classical Romantic, defiant in the face of the Reason of the Enlightenment. She was a poet of individual solitude. This is from "God of Visions."



O thy bright eyes must answer now, 
When Reason, with a scornful brow, 
Is mocking at my overthrow; 
O thy sweet tongue must plead for me 
And tell why I have chosen thee! 

And am I wrong to worship where 
Faith cannot doubt nor Hope despair, 
Since my own soul can grant my prayer? 
Speak, God of Visions, plead for me 
And tell why I have chosen thee! 

No comments: