Monday, November 9, 2015

Disillusion

My infatuation with Quora is fading.
At first I was thrilled with the questions and answers, so many interesting ideas. Then I made a mistake; I asked a question. It involved Gödel. I spelled it without an umlaut and Quora corrected me. The answers were crisp and humorless--the question begged for a humorous answer. Then I could not upload an answer. Then I realized there was a sort of currency involved; you could earn credit to ask or answer.
With just enough complexity to work through I began worrying about the questions. Many were clearly looking for answers to school questions. Many were genially naive. A lot were purposefully leading, raising questions that suggested racist or political answers.
I'm not sure it will survive my search for an internet something to fill the pauses in the day.

No comments: