Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Sell Me This Pen‏

This was on Quora, an answer to the interview question, "How would you sell me this pen?" It is interesting that all these clever responses to formerly clever questions has seemed to create a more free-form interview process.

This is the answer that reportedly the best salesman in the world answered to Johnny Carson.

While the salesman was a guest on the show Johnny said, "I understand you sold more than any other salesman this year at your firm. How about you sell me something."

The salesman said, "what would you want me to sell you?"

"I don't know, how about this ashtray." Johnny answered.

"Why would I sell you that ashtray?" the salesman replied.

"Well, it is a useful thing to have around, a lot of our guests use it, and it also matches the desk." Johnny answered.

The salesman asked, "How much do you think that ashtray is worth?"

"I don't know maybe $199" Johnny replied.

"Tell you what. You can have it for $50."

No comments: