Monday, April 3, 2023

America 3


In 1963, Richard Nixon went on The Jack Paar Program to perform a piano concerto that he wrote himself.
"I have often thought that if there had been a good rap group around in those days, I might have chosen a career in music instead of politics," Nixon once said.

***

Many cartoon characters only have four fingers.

***

A University of Pittsburgh anthropology professor denied there’s a difference in male and female bone structure during a discussion about gender.


America 3

Uri Geller, the pseudo-magician and psychic, created a fraudulent but seemingly rewarding life out of whole cloth. I hope it doesn't say too much about us. This is from Uri Geller on Twitter:

Friends I am astonished that at my age and with an unbelievable narrow repertoire of psychic demonstrations I have stayed relevant for over 50 years. The secret is: chutzpah (Israelis have it) charisma, stage presence personality and character. BUT most important controversy! Which has fueled the wheel of publicity around me, the jealous and envious minority of magicians, skeptics and Geller haters created the enigma around me the mysterious Aura the mystical the mysticism and debate. they are the ones that I have to thank they are the ones who gave me longevity. And to those who liked me I give huge respect and love to those who hate me I also send love. The other element was and is that I managed to instill spoon bending into world culture it became iconic legendary and I always said that the secret of success is originality. All this I achieved without managers or agents or image makers or PR people. Zero! I know what the media loves quirkiness, mysteriousness, bizarre elements woven into your performances. So to the young magicians, mentalists and performers I say be controversial be cool be nice and don’t give a F to the ones who envy you, just think about your success and be motivated to reach your goals. There is nothing which you cannot be do or have! Because you are the architects of your own lives.

No comments: