Tuesday, March 15, 2022

The Spectrum Within Green

 

The Spectrum Within Green

An internet review by a bright guy of the Brightline rail service from Miami to West Palm Beach for $42:

"A Brightline car picked me up at my door and drove me to the station.
The airy, modern first-class* lounge was filled with snacks.
The train arrived made it to West Palm in 67 minutes, 5 minutes early.
A waiting car took me to my destination.
All that for $42. (And $42 again back home.)
Later this year the line extends to Orlando.
I assume the Brightline is losing money, but am told the real play here, for the financiers, was buying up land around the proposed stations, knowing it would become more valuable.
Whatever — the Brightline is great and will take a lot of cars off the interstate.
Green, green, green."

Clearly a great little thing. But it seems to be achievable only by a strange distortion of economics and motive.

2 comments:

Custer said...

No comment on Ukraine?

jim said...

I thought I was wearing people out.